Friday, August 24, 2012

Sen. Al Franken's Tasteless Rape Joke

The liberal media appears fixated on women's issues after Rep. Todd Akin's comments on rape and abortion. Then again, is the media fixation only directed at conservatives who make politically incorrect gaffs. Daniel Halper with The Weekly Standard is asking why no one is making a fuss over Sen. Al Franken's tasteless rape joke.

Halper recounts: "New York magazine reported in 1995, from a writing session that the reporter sat in on:"

"Franken: 'And, I give the pills to Lesley Stahl. Then, when Lesley’s passed out, I take her to the closet and rape her.’ ... ‘When she passes out, I put her in various positions and take pictures of her.’”

Franken's comments are rather dated but in light of his recent appearances on the stump with V.P. Joseph Biden we can only wonder why the media isn't paying more attention to the episode.

Read the Rest of the Story

3 comments:

  1. I'm more concerned about what the Liberals are DOING today rather than what they SAID in 1995. I am also not nearly as concerned with how Romney made his money than I am with how Obama is spending MINE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just watch how they all cheer serial predator Bill Clinton at their convention!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Al Franken is one of the most classless individuals to ever grace the tv screen in any capacity whatsoever. Period. I'm very troubled by the way the GOP rushed to totally crucify Todd Akin. There's something unsettling about the way they jumped on him en masse. For that reason and because I've ended up completely misunderstood, underestimated, and black-balled after simply choosing the wrong word to express my thoughts, and because I tend to march to a different drummer anyway when a get a whiff of a rat somewhere, I've decided to donate to Akin's campaign.

    ReplyDelete

Posted By: Chris Carmouche