Friday, August 7, 2015

Dash Cam Footage Undermines Texas State Rep’s Claim He Was Treated ‘Like A Boy’ During Traffic Stop

This Texas state representative, who is Black, claims that a police officer mistreated him during a recent traffic stop, but recent video footage is putting that claim in doubt...






(Daily Caller) A Texas state representative’s recent claim that he was mistreated by a sheriff’s deputy during a traffic stop last month because of his race is coming under scrutiny after the release of dash cam video from the incident.

During a House committee hearing last week to discuss the recent arrest of Sandra Bland in Waller County, Texas, Democrat chairman Garnet Coleman shared a story about a recent encounter with police in which he said the officer treated him “like a boy.”

"He talked to me like I was a child," Coleman said, describing the July 14 traffic stop on Interstate 10 in Austin County. "He was so rude and nasty. Even when he found out I was a legislator, he became more rude and nasty. And I didn’t understand why this guy was continuing to go on and on and treat me like a child. And basically like I’m saying is treat me like a boy. I want to be very clear about that."...

Read The Full Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posted By: Chris Carmouche